The Gastroenterology Department at the St. Raphael Hospital specializes in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of digestive disorders.
Our physicians are highly skilled in the performance of specialized endoscopic procedures and follow the latest research programs designed to advance the science of gastroenterology. We are dedicated to the care of all patients with gastrointestinal and digestive disorders.
Conditions We Treat
Helicobactor Pylori Infection
Irritable Bowel Syndrome
Peptic Ulcer Disease
Stomach (Gastric) Cancer
Gastrointestinal Surgery is a broad category that includes operations done on the entire gastrointestinal tract. This includes the:
- Small intestine (comprised of duodenum, jejunum, and ileum)
- Colon and Rectum (although some would include the liver, gallbladder, bile ducts, and pancreas within GI, we have included them in separate sections).
St. Raphael's colorectal surgeons have particular knowledge and skill concerning problems of the intestinal tract, colon and rectum, anal canal, and perianal area. In addition to having proficiency in the field of general surgery, colorectal surgeons have special expertise in the following areas:
- Colon tumors (colorectal cancer; polyps; familial polyposis)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis; Crohn's disease)
- Diverticular disease (diverticulosis; diverticulitis)
- Anorectal conditions (hemorrhoids; anal abscesses and fistulas; anal fissures; pilonidal sinuses)
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy (colonoscopy; polypectomy; laparoscopy)
- Surgical management of other colorectal conditions such as rectal prolapse, incontinence, and constipation